"The geolocation of photographers in real time is a real innovation. As surfing and ocean enthusiasts we know that everything can change very quickly, be it weather and surfing conditions. The current market for surf photography unfortunately only offers two options; either by booking a photo shoot in advance, or by finding a photo of yourself in a generalised photo album online and buying the photo individually (approx. 8€).
At SURFSHOT we offer the solution to these problems: the booking of a surf shoot instantly thanks to our exclusive real time geolocation map showing photographers ready to work, near you. You no longer need to book a photographer in advance and have to cancel because the conditions turned bad!"
We are a couple passionate about surfing and the ocean, but also everything that revolves around it. It all started when we realised that it was too difficult to get photos of yourself whilst surfing, even though we live in a completely digitalised world.
This is due to several reasons:
- Surfing, the ocean and the beauty of our coast are extremely favorable to photography, but sadly, being able to book a surf shoot is a luxury that only few can afford. Prices are too high.
- It is too difficult to anticipate a photo shoot several days in advance. Oceanic conditions are way too variable.
- A huge amount of talented amateur photographers are completely unknown because they lack of visibility. Furthermore, the lack of connexion between surfing and photography prevents photographers from earning a revenue for their pictures.
We carried out a market study on the Atlantic coast to confirm this observation, which allowed us to quantify spots, the surfers, the photographers and to qualify their profile.
At SURFSHOT, we bring the first platform allowing to geolocate, in real time, the photographers available near you. Extremely easy to use, this platform will finally connect surfers and photographers due to our innovant, SURFSHOT exclusive, system for geolocation and connecting surfers and photographers, in real time.
On the same model as platforms that connect different types of services (VTC drivers, home delivered meals,..), surfers and photographers can finally have their own:
- We offer quality photos due to our certified photographers at a price worthwhile for the surfer.
- The price range we propose, meets the real budget of surfers. Being surfers ourselves, we couldn't be more aware of the price a shoot represents. Our prices are completely revolutionary. Starting at 19€/surfer (1h shoot for 1 pers.) and goes down to 7€/surfer (1h shoot in a group). In a way it has not yet been done. Surf photography is a finally becoming a service that all enthusiasts can afford.
- We will be connecting surfers and photographers through our exclusive, real time, geolocating map. Because when you surf, you know very well that the weather and ocean conditions change too often. It is too difficult to book a shoot in advance.
- This map will allow maximum flexibility both for the surfers choice of booking, but also for the photographer to work when he pleases.
- We value the photographer for their talent and we allow him to benefit from a payment for his work.
- At SURFSHOT we firmly defend the idea that each photographer, amateur or professional, father or teenager, can pursue his passion while benefiting from a very interesting reward. Ranging between 12 and 35€ depending on the length of the shoot and the amount of surfers. We have found the perfect balance between a worthwhile price for the surfer and at the same time more than interesting pay for the photographer. With us, there is no way the photographer should be underpaid, quite the opposite.
From the surfers point of view:
You create your account in less than a minute, and thanks to our real time geolocating map you choose the photographer that interests YOU and proceed to the booking.
In 30 minutes the photographer meets you at the location for the shoot, and in 24 hours you get your pictures!
- SURFSHOT will also shed light on the talented surfers from our regions looking for sponsors but who cannot afford the services of a private photographer. This platform will allow them to boost their portfolio while staying within the limits of their budgets.
From the photographers point of view:
You create your photographer account by filling in your basic information and your specialities, as well as a few of your best pics. By clicking "I am available" you will be visible by surfers on the map and you can start working.
As a photographer you can pursue your passion where you want and when you want while being paid and benefit from great visibility, whether it is for a salary supplement, a seasonal or full time job or just a little pocket money.
SURFSHOT offers a real visibility for talented photographers.
Passionate about the ocean, we are committed to doing our part for the environment. That is why we are donating 1% of our benefits to Surfrider foundation. An organisation renowned worldwide for its ocean protection and conservation. Furthermore, depending on the amount of your contribution to our campaign, we will personally collect an amount of trash on our local beaches.
It is not possible for us to remain insensitive to the huge amount of trash that accumulates on our beaches. We will regularly organise beach clean ups so that our wonderful coast can stay that way.
SURFSHOT is the solution to a real need globally!
After France in 2020, we will be making our, unique and exclusive, platform for the booking of surf shoots in real time, available in the whole of Europe and in the world a few years later.
To create SURFSHOT, we have three types of costs:
- Development costs: Coding and site development - for a total cost of 14300€
- Management costs: Lawyer and legal costs - 5000€
- Marketing costs: Promotion through different canals, such as social media - 1600€
Your contribution will allow us to cover our final costs of development, legal and our marketing campaign.
We also hope to create a great community around this new platform!
Thanks to your contribution, this project can see the light of day ! A huge thank you !
This project collects in € (EUR) but you can still invest in the currency of your country (your bank may apply exchange fees).